This guide explains how to boot on a inpadi USB drive.
Step 1: Insert the USB Key
Insert the bootable USB key into an available USB port on your computer.
Step 2: Restart or Turn on Your Computer
Restart your computer or turn it on if it's off.
Step 3: Open Boot Menu or BIOS Setup
Here are the steps to open the boot menu or BIOS setup on Lenovo, Dell, and HP computers, and how to restart a Windows computer and use UEFI boot via USB:
- Turn on or restart your Lenovo computer.
- Press the "F12" key (or "Fn" + "F12" depending on your configuration) multiple times as soon as the Lenovo logo appears to open the boot menu.
- If that doesn't work, you can try pressing the "Enter" key and then select "F1" to enter BIOS.
- Turn on or restart your Dell computer.
- Press the "F12" key multiple times as soon as the Dell logo appears to open the boot menu.
- Alternatively, you can press "F2" to enter the BIOS setup.
- Turn on or restart your HP computer.
- Press the "ESC" key multiple times as soon as the HP logo appears to open the startup menu.
- From here, you can press "F9" to open boot device options.
Restart Windows and Use UEFI Boot via USB:
- Ensure that your bootable USB key is inserted into the computer.
- Open the "Start" menu in Windows.
- Click on the "Power" button and hold down the "Shift" key while clicking on "Restart". This will open the advanced startup options.
- Once in the advanced startup options, select "Troubleshoot" > "Advanced options" > "UEFI Firmware Settings".
- Click on "Restart" to reboot your computer into the UEFI settings.
- In the UEFI settings, navigate to the "Boot" section and select your USB key as the primary boot device.
Step 4: Select the USB Drive as the Boot Device
Use the arrow keys to navigate to your USB key in the boot menu or in the BIOS setup, and press "Enter" to select it.
Step 5: Follow the On-Screen Instructions
Once you have selected the USB drive as the boot device, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the boot process.
Step 6: Login and start installation
When inpadi USB is booted follow the instructions to remove the boot drive, login and execute the deployment script.